30 January 2015 – Benoy, the international, award-winning Architecture, Masterplanning, Interior and Graphic Design firm, has officially completed its Retail Strategy for Elephant Park, located within the Elephant and Castle Masterplan in Central London.
This pivotal London regeneration project will revitalise a major thoroughfare within the UK capital’s city centre. Benoy was appointed to provide the overall site’s Retail Strategy Concept which creates a cohesive design dialogue for the wider development.
Working with Lend Lease on this intricate, mixed-use scheme, Benoy’s Retail Strategy, including the Shopfront Design Guide, blends a genuine London culture with the cosmopolitan nature of the 21st century global capital.
The primary goal of Elephant Park is to engender an environment for the residents to appreciate and call home. Incorporating the best of British Retail and amenities to attract local shoppers, this approach aims to be an example for the future of the High Street.
With a strategy focused on creating a place for the residents to enjoy their shopping in a relaxed, community-centred neighbourhood, Benoy is projecting life and vibrancy into the redevelopment with a scheme which balances High Street tenants with innovative new businesses generating a fresh atmosphere for everyone.
Benoy Associate Director Nikhil Pase described the project as “A leading example of the positive improvement London is undergoing. Our strategy incorporates all the complex facets of the overall plan into a scheme which attracts the residents of Central London as well as the travellers from around the world who come to London to see where British heritage meets international design.”
Elephant and Castle is one of the many areas of London undergoing a major renovation. Benoy’s Retail Strategy received sign off in December 2014 and is now under construction. The firm is also working on several phases for the Battersea redevelopment as well as acting as a Strategist and Architect for Silvertown in East London.
- Benoy is an international, award-winning firm of Architects, Masterplanners, Interior and Graphic Designers. Founded in 1947, Benoy has become a truly global player and a leading creative force.
- Benoy has studios in Newark, London, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
- Benoy has built an enviable global reputation for world-class architectural design. Benoy’s remit embraces a range of work including Retail, Leisure and Hospitality, Mixed-use, Transport, Residential and Urban Regeneration.
- Benoy’s built portfolio includes Bluewater, Kent, Bullring, Birmingham and Westfield London in the UK.
- Overseas, Benoy has worked some of the world’s most exciting cities. Elements Mall, Hong Kong, ION Orchard, Singapore, INDIGO and EAST Hotel, Beijing, Market City Chennai, India, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, UAE, Centrum Černý Most, Czech Republic, El Faro, Spain and Forum Nacka, Sweden are all built examples of Benoy’s architecture.
- Benoy is working in over 60 countries.
- Benoy believes in leading by example. By improving the urban environment in which we live, we can leave a legacy of which we can be proud.